Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sleep

I hate to sleep. There's probably several reasons for it, including:


  • I don't want to waste the time.

  • There are other things I'd rather do.

  • It's stressful when I don't fall asleep.

  • I often require medication to sleep, and sometimes that medication makes me do some very strange things.

  • I don't want to tackle the new day.


I can get by on very little sleep, I can go for weeks with 3 to 4 hours a night. But I need SOME sleep each night, even if it's only an hour or two. If I go too long with minimal sleep things start happening. For example, I start to see things, shadows at first, then they get more concrete as time goes on. It also impacts certain parts of my brain, for example, my creativity really suffers.

Last night I got over 8 hours, and it made a huge difference in the day. Motivation was good, frame of mind was good.

But the day's keep coming, I can't duck them forever.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: