Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spring Wind

Singer Songwriter Greg Brown writes a beautiful song. Here are a couple verses from one of my favorites:

I lived awhile without you, darn near half my life.
I no longer see our unborn children, born to you my unwed wife.
But yesterday I had a vision, beneath the tree where we once talked,
of an old couple burning their love letters so their children won't be shocked.

Love calls like the wild birds-- it's another day.
A Spring wind blew my list of things to do...away.

My friends are gettin older, so I guess I must be too.
Without their loving kindness, I don't know what I'd do.
Oh the wine bottle's half empty-- the money's all spent.
And we're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent.

Love calls like the wild birds-- it's another day.
A Spring wind blew my list of things to do...away.

-- Greg Brown "Spring Wind"

No comments: