Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ex Weezer Bassist Found Dead

Ex Weezer Bassist Found Dead

I just saw this, it happened yesterday, so I may be a little late to this story.

My late son introduced me to Weezer. At the time he listened mainly to hard core music, but he had incredible musical taste. One of his favorite bands was Sublime, and after hearing them through him, they're one of my favorites now. But back to Weezer, it's hard to express a lot of admiration for a band with a hit called "Hash Pipe" when you have teenage boys. But it all worked out, I liked the band anyway, and he stayed strong through most of those years.

But check out the article, how difficult would that be, having to leave a mega-band and earn a living painting. I assume when they say painting, they don't mean like an artist. I can only guess on the underlying problems, but it doesn't really matter now. Sad.

No comments: